Re: Missing stuff

From: Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Missing stuff
Date: 2008-03-05 18:00:24
Lists: pgeu-general

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 15:26:49 +0100
> Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de> wrote:
>

>> It should point to postgresql.org at the first place. But maybe it
>> should point to postgresql.eu too.
>> You will get too much text when you want to point it to every single
>> language based group.
>>

> What is the message the signage is meant to convey? Are we promoting
> PostgreSQL? Or are we promoting PostgreSQL EU as a sponsor of
> PostgreSQL? Something else?

Joshua,

sorry, I don't have a link to a photo but maybe somebody else can help here.
The rollup looks like:

It's 2 meters x 42 centimeters ... afaik this are round about 7 x 1.5 ft

white with a big light blue elephant at the corner as background

At the middle there is the big blue elephant as PostgreSQL logo plus the
logo text: PostgreSQL

Then there is the text: "the free and open source object relational
database management system"
and the text: "an elephant never forgets"

Also there is the link: http://www.postgresql.org on it.

And because usually we use it in Germany and lots of Germans are not
able to speak/understand English we put the links to the German
presentations on it.

The rollup wasn't sponsored it was paid from the donations that we got
for selling T-Shirts and mugs, so there is no hint to a sponsor on the
rollup.

I wanted to make it bilingual English/German but the designer told me,
that would be too much text. So I decided to make it English only
because usually we have German flyers and our visitors at the booth
usually recognise the blue elephant and know that this is the PostgreSQL
booth when they see the elephant.

When we want a rollup for the whole European group we should put links
on it where to find the European language based groups, but it really
will get too much text to put all links on it. So its better to put the
postgresql.org link on it and the .eu link where you can find the links
to the language based groups. When the .eu presentation is finished I am
pretty sure that you will find there the links to every European
language based group.

The rollup just should show: "here is PostgreSQL" ... or better: "You
can find the PostgreSQL guys here"

Susanne

--
Susanne Ebrecht