Triggers | rules for column updates

From: Szentpali Janos <ianus(at)easynet(dot)ro>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Triggers | rules for column updates
Date: 2008-03-03 13:47:58
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi!

I want to prevent any changes to a tuple if a field of the tuple has a
certain value. Let's say I have a table with column col_1, col_2, col_3.
I want to create something that will prevent updating col_2 and col_3 if
and only if col_1 is say "1".
Can I use a rule to do that. Can I somehow detect in a trigger function
the name of the columns that are updated? If I could do that, it would
be easy to create a trigger that would do the job.
I am also opened to other kind of solutions that you might know of.
Any help will be appreciated ;)

--
Szentpáli János

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: A. KretschmerDate: 2008-03-03 14:16:26