Re: Missing stuff

From: Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>,Gevik Babakhani <pgdev(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Missing stuff
Date: 2008-03-03 10:46:44
Lists: pgeu-general
Dave Page wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 10:32 AM, Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de> wrote:
>
>> Andreas,
>>
>> are you really sure the rollup is in German?
>> I remember that I ordered it in English only because bilingual was too
>> much text.
>> Please look onto the rollup, it should be English not German.
>>

> If memory serves the text is English, but the URL is www.pgug.de.

Yes.
The history of the rollup is:
We always have had a posters before. Printing a poster costs round about
50 Euro. Our experience was, you can be as careful as possible with the
poster and it looks horrible after three events. We thought, that
spending once 180 Euro for a rollup might be less cost intensive as
spending 50 Euro for a poster after every third event.

I ordered the rollup before FOSDEM 2007 for the German group and it was
before the idea of European group was born.
I think there is nothing against having a second rollup with links to
the European group, if we have enough money/donations to order one.
Of course, also we could think about the design for a second one. For
the German rollup a KDE graphic guy helped us with the design.

Susanne

--
Susanne Ebrecht
52066 Aachen, Germany