Re: DTrace probe patch for OS X Leopard

From: Robert Lor <Robert(dot)Lor(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: DTrace probe patch for OS X Leopard
Date: 2008-02-29 13:58:33
Lists: pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> I agree with Peter.  There are a whole lot of include files that are
> needed by way more than 3 .c files, and yet are not folded into
> postgres.h.  c.h is right out.

My concern is that when we start adding more probes (not just the
backend), we will have to add the following 5 lines in .c files that use
the Dtrace macros. This seems intrusive and messy to me instead of in a
centralized place like c.h. What are the disadvantages for keeping the
way it is now?

#ifdef ENABLE_DTRACE
#include "utils/probes.h"
#else