Re: the eu pgsql website

From: Jean-Paul Argudo <jean-paul(at)postgresqlfr(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL EU General <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL EU General <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: the eu pgsql website
Date: 2008-02-28 13:07:07
Lists: pgeu-general
Hi Koen,

> Dancing elephant?

Same question here.

> Listen, for the sake of moving forward, why don't we just get the
> postgresql infra team get us a drupal installation, put the released
> pgsql drupal team on that and start putting up some content?

Yes. As one may read on the last post I did here, there will be www. and
wiki, both.  We all agree on that I think.

To respond your answer, its just a matter of organization and time. As
Damien told us, we have to wait a bit for sysops to do the job. There
are some issues that they have to solve.

After that, I think there will be a drupal with the pgTheme from drupal.
That has been discussed there already. I don't understand why this topic
is going back on discussion. Our community did that effort, we have to
use the project to not "reinvent the wheel".

About the wiki, seems the mediawiki is the only wiki in production and
maintain(ed|able) by our pgsql-www team. I think this closes the
discussion on the choice of the wiki (praying that the translation
module pointed out by Magnus works!).

Cheers,

--
Jean-Paul Argudo