HOW to push to internet

From: Cédric Villemain <cedric(dot)villemain(at)dalibo(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL EU <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: HOW to push to internet
Date: 2008-02-28 10:21:46
Lists: pgeu-general
We don't exactly now all the things we want to write. But ...

* we need to be able to translate webpage

* 'interactive' wiki does not seems to be mandatory

* full static pages are just pain to change when needed ( do pgweb team
member confirm me ? )

Thus, twiki or dokuwiki are  *very* simple to install/maintain. They are
like static (no DB, only flat files).
About mediawiki, it can be very good (I like  the job Greg did), it is
tsearch2 propulsed !
Drupal is already deployed in postgresql.org infra, and I think Selena
just make it like a standart  to pugs ? Drupal got also some modules for
i18n.

Let's vote :

* dokuwiki

* twiki

* mediawiki

* drupal
+1

* static webpages

* others ?

PS: I don't find usefull to add lot of different solutions wich are not
already well known by at least one of the postgresql.org team member.

--
Cédric Villemain
Administrateur de Base de Données

pgeu-general by date

Next:From: Jean-Paul ArgudoDate: 2008-02-28 10:30:32