DTrace probe patch for OS X Leopard

From: Robert Lor <Robert(dot)Lor(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: DTrace probe patch for OS X Leopard
Date: 2008-02-27 16:05:25
Lists: pgsql-patches
Please find the patch attached per this thread
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-02/msg00912.php

Notes to committer.

1) Please remove src/include/pg_trace.h as it's no longer needed

2) Need help figuring out how to copy src/backend/util/probes.d from src
tree to
 bld tree at build time. It works fine if compilation is done in the src
tree.

3) Note on src/backend/Makefile
   The current rule below does not work. After expansion, utils/probes.d
needs
   to come right after -s, but currently it shows up at the end after
all the .o files.

   utils/probes.o: utils/probes.d $(SUBDIROBJS)
       $(DTRACE) $(DTRACEFLAGS) -G -s $(call expand_subsys,$^) -o $@

  The following works, but I think the correct way is to include
probes.d as a
  dependency and have it show up after -s. I couldn't get it to work
this way with
  my somewhat limited knowledge of makefiles.

  utils/probes.o: $(SUBDIROBJS)
       $(DTRACE) $(DTRACEFLAGS) -G -s $(srcdir)/utils/probes.d -o $@
$(call expand_subsys,$^)

Regards,