Re: PostgreSQL-installation-problem on Windows XP Home edition

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: Jan Christensen <janchristensen23022005(at)yahoo(dot)dk>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL-installation-problem on Windows XP Home edition
Date: 2008-02-27 14:41:09
Lists: pgsql-general
Jan Christensen wrote:
> Dear Sirs.
>
>   I have a problem with installing PostgreSQL 8.3 on my computer
>   with Windows XP Home edition and AVG FREE antivirus 7.5.
>
>   The installation-program asks for a installing-language and to save
>   the installation-process in a logfile. When I choose English and press
>   the button "Start", the installation-program writes the message
>   "Prepare to install" in a short period, and after that nothing is happening.
>
>   What is wrong ???
>
>   I enclose the logfile.

The error seems to be this:

DEBUG: Error 2769:  Custom Action GetAvailableLocales did not close 1
MSIHANDLEs.
The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this
package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code
is 2769. The argumens are: GetAvailableLocales, 1,
Action ended 14:20:50: GetAvailableLocales. Return value 1.

I'm guessing that you're missing some of the locale (language) files for
  your machine. Have you got anything unusual selected in your language
settings?

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd