Re: lc_time and localized dates

From: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
To: Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM>
Cc: PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: lc_time and localized dates
Date: 2008-02-26 18:18:06
Lists: pgsql-patches
Zdenek Kotala wrote:

> But how you handle situation when you have multi language application
> which needs correct output for all languages? You cannot use any of the
> pattern because it will be wrong for some group of languages.
FYI, strftime() [1] doesn't say anything about capitalization. I don't
know if some translators are aware of it and even if they are, how would
they know that a day or month is the first word of a sentence? IMHO we
should provide Xxxxx, xxxxx, and XXXXX so the programmer can use
whatever he/she thinks is correct for him/her.

   Euler Taveira de Oliveira