closing report of "old board of directors"

From: Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>
To: PostgreSQL EU <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: closing report of "old board of directors"
Date: 2008-02-26 13:10:22
Lists: pgeu-general
Hi all,

I don't want to miss the closing report.

We didn't have had leaders during the first year. The leader work was
mostly done from me at the beginning and later Magnus, Andreas and Dave
helped, when a leader was needed.

The todo list wasn't so long and here is the report:

***
Todo before Italy:
- DONE: force topic that we need a European group
- DONE: IRC channel
- DONE: provisional solution of mailing list (this list don't exist
anymore today)
- DONE: Help the Italians to organise PGDay 2007
- DONE: getting postgresql.eu for community use
- DONE: sharing the merchandising stuff for Italy

***
Todo at/after Italy:
- DONE: definitions: for what we need the group, what the group should
do, who is member of the group and so on
- DONE: certification discussion. Result: EU group is not responsible
for certification.
- DONE: press information about the existence of the EU group
- DONE: mailing list
- DONE: where to host postgresql.eu
- DONE: getting informations about donation laws and European wide
fundraising organisations. --- We force this topic to the French guys
and they made a great job handling all this stuff
- OPEN: web presentation --- was forced to the Italian guys
- DONE: report PGDay 2007
- OPEN: where will be the next PG birthday party
- DONE: rules for an official election of board of directors
- DONE: English flyers that can be translated into other languages
- DONE: organisation of FOSDEM 2008, incl. sharing merchandising stuff
and all other stuff
- DONE: report FOSDEM 2008
- DONE: press information about election result
- DONE by automatism because at least Dave reads the mailing lists:
report to core team

***
Other activities:
- DONE: integrate German speaking swiss guys to the German group
- IN PROCESS: founding Dutch user group
- IN PROCESS: count money from FOSDEM and donation report --- forced to
Andreas

***
What the new leaders will succeed from the "old leaders" and the status:

- web presentation:
Nothing happened here during the last year. I forced it again directly
after FOSDEM. This should really be done until end of this week or next
week. Otherwise if there is not web presentation until March 10th
somebody should put a pink dancing elephant on the page.

- European PG Birthday party:
I forced this topic twice to the list. But afaik there was no closing
result.
What about Vienna?
The result we have here is:
The Italians announced, that they will make a PGDay 2008 in October.
In my eyes, one big PG only event per year is enough. Consider, we will
have FOSDEM every year too.
If the new directors agree with me, we can close this topic.

- Dutch user group
Here is nothing todo for EU group at the moment. IRC channel and mailing
list are created. The Dutch guys will inform us, when they need help. I
just didn't want to close this topic because I wanted to wait a few
weeks if there will be more issues.

- Donation report from FOSDEM
I know, Andreas is on that topic and I am sure he will report as soon as
possible

- Organise FOSDEM 2009
The regristation for booth and dev room only is open for 24 hours.
Usually the BSD guys will ping me before that date, that I don't miss
it. Maybe a second eye would nice here too.

- PGDay 2008
Help or force help if it is necessary

***
Closing words:
I am really glad to see such an effort at such a small idea. It was
really wonderful to see how fast the group grows: how many guys helped
to force it and how many guys really get active to reach a stable base
for the group.

Susanne

pgeu-general by date

Next:From: Susanne EbrechtDate: 2008-02-26 13:43:02