Re: WHAT to push to internet

From: Jean-Paul Argudo <jean-paul(at)postgresqlfr(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL EU <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WHAT to push to internet
Date: 2008-02-26 12:26:53
Lists: pgeu-general
Hi,

>>   * the original one from pgsql inc[...]

> We don't tend to use that logo these days, but the more simple
> single-line version on the www.postgresql.org site.

Single-line version? You mean "PostgreSQL" as a logo?

Or do you mean that every line of this logo is connected, like the blue
elephant with white lines in it, like on www.postgresql.org's?

> As for the stars, that was my first thought, but then I remembered
> this group is specifically *Europe* not European Union.

Right... But I my ideas, PostgreSQL Europe could pretend to many
fundings availaible in the European Union, at least thanks to three
different topics:

 - collaboration between europeans on a project : great pretext
 - innovation : great pretext
 - youth (at the board, we're all about 32-34 yo..): the worst one, but
   there are fundings for that too

So thats why some yellow stars are welcome, IMHO...

>>   * a completely new logo, to design. In this case we should call for
>>  logos, as PostgreSQLFr did in his time:
>
> We could do that - of course we should stipulate that it must
> incorporate the elephant.

Sure. I may suggest those requirements:
 - an elephant (at least)
 - PostgreSQL' blue may be the dominant color
 - a few stars

All the rest may be free, to not stop incentive and good ideas...

I forgot to mention that a "completely new logo" is my favorite option
there. This would prevent the confusion between PostgreSQL.org, the
project, and PostgreSQL.eu, the European project regarding PostgreSQL
advocacy and groups inside Europe.

Thanks,

--
Jean-Paul Argudo