Re: We should get active ...

From: "Stéphane A(dot) Schildknecht" <stephane(dot)schildknecht(at)postgresqlfr(dot)org>
To: Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>
Cc: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: We should get active ...
Date: 2008-02-26 08:55:45
Lists: pgeu-general
Susanne Ebrecht a écrit :
> Cédric Villemain schrieb:
>> Susanne Ebrecht a écrit :
>>> damien clochard schrieb:
>
> Ok, that is an argument. But don't expect it before 2034. Consider, when
> I look to the past, often we weren't able to translate flyers in time
> for an event ... do you really think, we will find the time to translate
> web pages? :)

Hey, who is "we" ? Just let me tell you that french communauty has never come
to a french meeting without translated document. Why do you think that what a
country can do, a group of different coutries can't ?

> But think about the future and to a http://www.postgresql.eu/de/ or
> http://www.postgresql.eu/fr/ or http://www.postgresql.eu/it/ or
> http://www.postgresql.eu/se/ or whatever make sense.

Could be links to regionalized website (think of postgresql.it,
postgresql.fr... for instance). But we could indeed host localized pages for
groups who don't have a localized website atm.

>>> I am not sure, if we need a wiki at all.
>>>
>> not sure, but I think the point here is :
>>
>> Do we continue *only* by mails ? wiki and  cms offer voting  module
>> (or doodle.ch do, yes), discussion webpage to get talk for specific
>> content without forget in wich mail/thread we have read,decide
>> something. You have feed by page so you can follow exactly what you
>> want, I find that very usefull.
>
> I would say, to protect ourselves from stupid users we should avoid
> wiki/forums. Also it seems, that Europeans are master of long threads.

Hey, wtf...

Stupid users... Stupid way of thinking. Why would a wiki be more risky than
saying what we do on a public mailing-list ?

If you really want to prevent your "stupid users" from spamming your wiki, you
can still decide who may access it. By the way, what is a stupid user ? And who
will decide?

> don't want to have such a long thread like this "Design of Italian
> T-Shirts" at a wiki.

Why ? Don't you think that discussion had to be? Who will decide what can be
discussed and what can't ?

> Also I have to less knowledge about wiki and access
> controlling.

And what you don't know is bad ?

Regards,
--