Re: WHAT to push to internet

From: Cédric Villemain <cedric(dot)villemain(at)dalibo(dot)com>
To: Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>
Cc: PostgreSQL EU <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WHAT to push to internet
Date: 2008-02-25 20:40:10
Lists: pgeu-general
Susanne Ebrecht a écrit :
> Cédric Villemain schrieb:
>> postgresql.eu/pgug.eu website is a blackhole, and the ask come more
>> urgently to find what we want to publish to internet.
>> This have been discuss some times, but long run.
>> As Damien suggest, we can try not to mix technical and content, so
>> don't care if flyers are on pgfoundry or drupal or anywhere.
>> We also had a little talk about that with Magnus and Suzanne over irc
>> so I put here what I remember, and other ideas.
>>

>> *  History
>
> of course
>

>> *  List of Boards of Directors members
>
> and main members from the language based communities
>

>> *  Flyers, posters, ...
>
> why? We should store that at an svn or cvs system where some guys will
> get access.

please : "As Damien suggest, we can try not to mix technical and
content, so don't care if flyers are on pgfoundry or drupal or anywhere."
-> as european users, WHAT do we want to publish, using postgresql.org
pgug.eu postgresqlfr.org pgday.it pgfoundry or anythings else., we can
discuss WHERE and HOW in a another thread. Else I am sure this thread
will end up like others before.

>>   Photo gallery (for events,  ...)
>
> I think a page where we can publish the links to the photos from
> European events is enough here
>

>> *  Notes/links to european nationnal website (pgfr is not France, but
>> french-speaking communities, I hope we can include it in european
>> group nevertheless )
>>
>> *  Translation of documentation for (only?) language that do not have
>> a postgresql group, link to documentation of other language which
>> have a website.
>
> language based ... Don't belong to the European group. This should be
> published at the language based pages. Links to the documentation is
> ok. But this would be better place somewhere at postgresql.org directly.
>

>> *  Calendar for events and other things
>
> good idea
>

>> *  Slides of conferences
>
> I think, this also is better place at postgresql.org or at the
> language based sides (if the slides are non english). We should put
> our English slides here until there is no postgresql.org slide
> collection.
>
> Most slides will have world wild interests.
>

>> Add  other items of your choice :)
>
> You forget the main things:
>
> Presentation of the group:
>
> 1) What is the European PostgreSQL group?
> 2) Why was it founded?
> 3) What's the job of the group?
>
> Reachability:
> list of our irc channels and link to the mailing list list
>

> Susanne

Cédric Villemain
Administrateur de Base de Données
Cel: +33 (0)6 74 15 56 53