Re: We should get active ...

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Cédric Villemain <cedric(dot)villemain(at)dalibo(dot)com>, Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: We should get active ...
Date: 2008-02-25 16:15:33
Lists: pgeu-general
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:58:55 +0000
> "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>
>>>  Perhaps a trac site + svn?
>> Will you stop it with the new sites every five minutes? :-)
>
> I like trac :)

No kidding, 'eh?

>> We have pgFoundry which does everything we should need for that sort
>> of thing.
>
> A couple of things one this:
>
>  * Pgfoundry is about to move

Hopefully, it'll be done before we need it, right? Because you'll be
done this week, no? ;-)

>  * Pgfoundry won't have svn for at least the next 6 months
>
> And most importantly :) because of the work I did on pgweb, trac is
> infinitely more flexible for things like commit rights to SVN. This to
> me is the vital.
>
> We as a community will be able to *easily* lock down per user exactly
> which directories people can read and write.

In general. Let's get back to this once we've actually decided what our
actual needs are. It may be that pgfoundry fills them, it may be that a
separate site does, it may be that we just need a subpage on the pugs
page. Can we please go about this in the correct order this time?

//Magnus