Re: We should get active ...

From: Cédric Villemain <cedric(dot)villemain(at)dalibo(dot)com>
To: Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>
Cc: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: We should get active ...
Date: 2008-02-25 15:02:44
Lists: pgeu-general

It is up at pgfoundry.org : pgtheme , work on drupal 5 and 6

> I really think, we need this web page as soon as possible.
>
> Of course I can give some content. i.e. the whole history of the group.
>
> There was no camera during my talk at FOSDEM but I think that it makes
> sense to give out my slides.
> Maybe we can make a section on our web page for presentation slides.
>
> Also I think a wiki would be nice.
>
> It would really nice to have a guy who start the webpage. At the
> moment I have no idea about questions like:
> Do we want to make PHP?
> Do we want to make plain HTML?
> Do we use tools like Drupal?
> Do we use tools like cvs/svn?
> How could we add content to the page?
> Do we want a wiki?
> How is the layout?
> And so on ...

I prefer the use of tools, like drupal, dokuwiki or mediawiki...
I mean I'd ike to use tools oriented for community than scripting things
specific for pg-eu community.

Perhaps, it can be handle as http://pugs.postgresql.org/ with a drupal
at end for Europe.

About other tools like cvs/svn etc... I assume it is for some material
like documentation, flyers, design, ... ? I personnaly don't care, but
living cvs will not affect me :)

> Best Regards,
>
> Susanne

Cédric Villemain