Re: Huh? What is this?

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Huh? What is this?
Date: 2008-02-24 16:32:48
Lists: pgsql-www

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-02-24 at 07:57 -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>> I know that this link is only available to people on the sysadmin team,
>>> but for reference:
>>> https://pmt.postgresql.org/changeset/478
>>
>>> What is this? A site that has not been discussed at all (AFAIK - given
>>> that it seems to happen a lot lately, maybe I'm having email delivery
>> It was a test site for the scripts that we had from Marc.
>
> Are we really talking about the same thing? What does the user
> "pgsqldocs" have to do with the archives - is it misnamed? Assuming
> those are the scripts you got from Marc - or are you talking about yet
> another thing here?

I think we are. I thought you were talking about archives2.

pgsqldocs is www.postgresqldocs.org

>> Where is this policy written? And we have never applied that policy to
>> Linux hosts. Let's be consistent here please.
>
> I don't think it's written down, and you are very well aware of that.

Yes I am. Please fill in pmt with the appropriate policy.

> But what you're basically saying is you want us to move all the stuff
> off the linux boxes then, to be consistent?

Funny. I almost laughed at that one. My point was the VM policy has
never applied to Linux. We don't use VMs on linux (although I have never
been sure why).

> And I hope you're not seriously questioning the policy of discussing
> things before we do them?

No, I am not. I should have posted that we were going to add pgsqldocs.
That is my bad.

> I didn't install it, so I don't know *what* to put in there. The person
> who installed it would know what's actually involved in it, and should
> add those files.

I did it and if you see my other post you will see that I verified that
it was indeed already part of the system. So if there is still a problem
receiving the auto backups we need to look at that specifically.

> Ok - just checking that the plans hadn't changed on that one.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake