Re: User Wiki

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, PostgreSQL - WWW ML <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: User Wiki
Date: 2008-02-24 16:04:40
Lists: pgsql-www
Dave Page wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 10:24 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
>> On Sun, 2008-02-24 at 01:49 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
>>  > So I was thinking some more about the lack of real use that techdocs
>>  > is getting coupled with the lack of any kind of spam etc. that we've
>>  > picked up on it. I think we should reconsider having an official
>>  > PostgreSQL wiki for users, probably at wiki.postgresql.org.
>>  >
>>  > Thoughts?
>>
>>  I guess I'll have to concede. It's quite clear that the techdocs we have
>>  now doesn't work the way we intended. I'm not entirely convinced that a
>>  wiki will work much better, but since others are, let's give it a shot.
>
> Hey, that was easier than I expected.

You know, a group of people gave up on -www ever conceding this and
created its own wiki? We were keeping it quiet because we didn't have
all the template work etc.. done. It is over at www.postgresqldocs.org.

And before people point at me... It was Greg Smith's idea. I just helped
so shoot him first, it gives me 3 steps to get away.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake