Re: can't revoke users

From: Scott Cotton <scott(dot)cotton(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Koczan <pjkoczan(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: can't revoke users
Date: 2008-02-11 16:46:49
Lists: pgsql-admin

This is on 7.4 running on CentOS.

I think I've narrowed the issue down. The problem is in some cases the
permissions for the bad users were granted by one of the bad users. So
even if I'm logged in as the table owner, I can't revoke privileges on a
user that was granted privileges by another user. And I can't revoke
privileges on the bad user that granted privileges to other bad users.
And in some cases the postgres user set the privileges, and I can't do
anything with them.

So I've been trying different combinations of logging in as different
users and revoking privileges. Some things work and some things don't.
It really it seems like the table owner should be able to revoke any
privileges in their table, but this isn't the case.

The biggest problem I'm having is that the postgres user can't revoke
anything for users that it granted privileges for.

Scott