Re: How to open more than 300 connections to postgres database.

From: Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Nguyen, Lam Thuy" <l7nguyen(at)fcg(dot)com>
Cc: Rainer Bauer <usenet(at)munnin(dot)com>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to open more than 300 connections to postgres database.
Date: 2008-02-06 17:46:39
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Nguyen, Lam Thuy wrote:
> Hi Rainer
>
> But Postgres 8.3 has just been release few days, is it stable for using ?
>
> Do you have any solutions for 8.2 ? because i am using 8.2, it will be hard for me if i change to 8.3.

The driver's version isn't so tightly related to the server's version
and you can live with the 8.3.xxxx driver and the 8.2 server without
any problem. The driver's own limitation about max connections (128)
was removed at 8.2.0402 version though I'm not sure if the change
guarantees >= 300 connections.

You can download various version of psqlODBC drivers from
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/ in Windows
Installer, merge module, source and basic zip file formats.