Re: A new feature patch and a bug fix

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A new feature patch and a bug fix
Date: 2008-02-05 16:43:55
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page wrote:
> On Feb 5, 2008 9:46 AM, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> [...]
>> I'm not sure I get this right. It took me much more time than the four
>> previous stuff. XRCed is not really easy getting used to. So bad there's
>> no better (free) XRC editor out there. Anyways, I've done something I'm
>> quite happy with. But perhaps I need to add more sizers ?
>
> Yeah, there's still some problems.
>
> - On Windows, the dialogue is too small. Removing the size form the
> dialogue iutself seems to cure that in my limited testing.

Because of the fixed size dialog, I think I have to specify the dialog's
size, don't I ?

> - There should be a border around the tab control so it's not tight to
> the edges of the dialogue. I think we use 5d elsewhere.
>
> - I'm not actually sure we need the tab control there anyway - maybe
> the change password dialogue would be a better model?

I wasn't sure either. I used the frmBackup.xrc as a model to build
dlgReassignDropOwned.xrc. But the tab seems too much. I removed it...
but now it really looks like my previous dlgReassignDropOwned.xrc.

> - It should probably be a fixed size dialogue.

+1

The XRC file attached is one with a dialog size specified, a modal
dialog, and no notebook/panel/tab widgets. But I'm not sure about the
correct sizing. XRCed shows me the dialog in a way and pgAdmin in
another one. I don't quite understand this.

> I heard a rumour that DialogBlocks now supports XRC format. Not sure
> it if can do a better job.

I tried DialogBlocks a few times but I never was able to use it on my
Kubuntu.

--
Guillaume.
  http://www.postgresqlfr.org