Re: A new feature patch and a bug fix

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A new feature patch and a bug fix
Date: 2008-02-05 09:46:14
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Hi Dave,

Finally, I found some time to work on my patches :)

Dave Page wrote:
> On 22/12/2007, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
>> I've finally done it. It's the first time I create a new dialog, so it
>> probably need some tweaks. I attached the patch and a tar.gz file for
>> the new files.
>
> Finally, some feedback for you!!
>
> - In pgRole::ReassignDropOwnedTo, objets should be objects.

Oops, I used the french word.

> - In pgRole::ReassignDropOwnedTo an error should be raised if the
> connection cannot be opened.
>
> - The database selection in dlgReassignDropOwned should respect the DB
> restriction setting for the server.
>
> - Remember to append a 'd' to all size/position values in XRC files to
> denote cross-platform friendly dialog units.

All are done.

> - The dialog needs some work. Get yourself a copy of XRCed - it will
> help enormously. Try to keep the layout and sizing in line with other
> dialogues. Use sizers to keep everything in line rather than absolute
> positioning (new dialogues do this, older ones might not). It's a bit
> fiddly until you get the hang of them, but it does make things much
> easier to get right across platforms.

I'm not sure I get this right. It took me much more time than the four
previous stuff. XRCed is not really easy getting used to. So bad there's
no better (free) XRC editor out there. Anyways, I've done something I'm
quite happy with. But perhaps I need to add more sizers ?

Cheers.

--
Guillaume.
  http://www.postgresqlfr.org