Missing ssl test in configure

From: Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Missing ssl test in configure
Date: 2008-02-01 10:17:35
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
I'm trying to compile pgAdmin on solaris and I was caught in the same
trap as many times before. I got following error:

error: you must specify a valid PostgreSQL installation with
--with-pgsql=DIR

But it is not correct. I specified it correctly. However main problem
there is libssl. Default libssl installation on Solaris is in
/usr/sfw/lib which is not usually in library path.

Special lines are added for solaris to add -lssl in configure (see
acinclude.m4 line 412), but there is no check that ssl is really
installed or not. This check should be there.

	Comments?

		Zdenek

pgadmin-hackers by date