Re: Group Roles are now Login Roles in pgAdmin?

From: Robert Bernabe <rbernabe(at)sandmansystems(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL List - Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Group Roles are now Login Roles in pgAdmin?
Date: 2008-02-01 07:48:34
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi All,
    Sorry I've done the google bit and scanned through the docs but I
can't seem to find how to do please?

I've got a function with parameters declared as

create or replace function usf_myfxn(
_in1 text,
_in2 int,
out _out1 int,
out _out2 int,
out _out3 int,
out _out4 int)

returns record

as $$

variables here....

do stuff here...

and more stuff ...

$$ language 'plpgsql';

Now I'm trying to test it out...

so I created another function and using PGAdmin III

create or replace function usf_myfxn_test()
returns int
as $$

_in1 text;
_int2 int;

_count int;
_tmprecord record;

_in1 := 'whatever';
_in2 := 0;

count := 0;
for _tmprecord in select usf_myfxn(in1, in2) loop
    count := count + 1;

how do I access the data in _tmprecord? Since these are parameters
within a called function? I tried _tmprecord.in1 and it doesn't
work...Help please. Can anyone point me to a good book on plpgsql? We
are quite heavy on stored procedures in the current MS SQL based system
and I'm investigating porting the system over to PG. Thanks in advance!

end loop;
return 1;

$$ language 'plpgsql';

select usf_myfxn_test();