Re: postgresql book - practical or something newer?

From: Peter Wilson <petew(at)yellowhawk(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: petew(at)yellowhawk(dot)co(dot)uk, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Tom Hart <tomhart(at)coopfed(dot)org>, Postgres General List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgresql book - practical or something newer?
Date: 2008-01-30 13:34:44
Lists: pgsql-general
Dave Page wrote:
> On Jan 30, 2008 12:45 PM, Peter Wilson <petew(at)yellowhawk(dot)co(dot)uk> wrote:
>

>> Has anyone else generated a Windows Help version of the manual?
>>

> We distribute it with PostgreSQL - it's just not integrated with the
> pgAdmin help any more. You can even tell pgAdmin to use that if you
> don''t wish to use the online help.

Hi Dave,
good to know it still exists.

Is it only distributed with the Window distribution?

I only run Postgres on Linux boxes, but use a Windows desktop machine.

Is there a place where I can just download the .chm file without having
to install Postgres on Windows?

All the best
Pete
> Regards, Dave.

Peter Wilson
T: 01707 891840
M: 07796 656566
http://www.yellowhawk.co.uk 	The information in this email is
confidential and is intended for the addressee/s only. Access to this
email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended
recipient, you must not read, use or disseminate the information
contained in or attached to this email.