Re: Slow Query problem

From: "Premsun Choltanwanich" <Premsun(at)nsasia(dot)co(dot)th>
To: "Andreas Joseph Krogh" <andreak(at)officenet(dot)no>,"Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Slow Query problem
Date: 2008-01-29 08:18:00
Lists: pgsql-sql
I already install the latest version of PostgreSQL on my machine then try again. I found that it has a little improvement about 0.5 second but I think it still slow.

What is the 'more detail' you need?

Any other advise?

Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak(at)officenet(dot)no> writes:
> On Monday 28 January 2008 08:18:24 Premsun Choltanwanich wrote:
>> I am currently using PostgreSQL database version 8.0.13.  My problem
>> relates to a slow result when a query using a defined view joins to another
>> table for a result.

> It is very hard to help without you providing the schema for the tables/views
> involved.

One suggestion is that 8.2.x is significantly smarter about joins to
unions than previous releases were.  Whether this would help in your
particular case is impossible to say, though, without more detail.

       match

NETsolutions Asia Limited
+66 (2) 237 7247
http://www.nsasia.co.th