Use Case: French National Weather Forecast (Meteo France)

From: Jean-Paul Argudo <jean-paul(at)argudo(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: ca(at)postgresqlfr(dot)org
Subject: Use Case: French National Weather Forecast (Meteo France)
Date: 2008-01-28 23:14:48
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi all,

As we do about some years now at PostgreSQLFr.org, I just release today
(as per the first day of Solutions Linux 2008, where PostgreSQLFr has
its booth, as we do each year since 2005), a new Use Case on this Drupal
book there:

Use Cases: http://www.postgresqlfr.org/?q=node/63

Our new Use Case is about Meteo France (http://www.meteofrance.com/),
our national weather forecast services.

This use case is there, in the original french tongue:

http://www.postgresqlfr.org/?q=node/1538

I really thanks Valerie Schneider about this use case, she finally
accepted to talk about it, after months (tell me Valerie, you couldn't
stand one more mail from me, right? ;-). It wasn't easy for her to
convince the hierarchy there to talk about this usage. They finaly
accepted a few days ago.. :)

We think this kind of use case may have some interest to refresh the use
case on the postgresql.org, or to simply add more of them. So we did a
translation for this purpose. Tell us if this is of some interest to
you, we may translate some others?

I think a good Use Case, with names, e-mails and numbers are ought to
convince some IT guys out there. IMHO, a good Use Case, where an IT
speak to another IT, worth the time needed to write it down.

Thanks so much Valérie !

Here's the translation Guillaume Lelarge did:

Q: Do you agree that your name, e-mail, organization and your role in it
are made public?