Re: Newbie just starting on charting with PHP - and seeking advice on options/approaches

From: Isaac Vetter <ivetter(at)math(dot)purdue(dot)edu>
To: Greg Cocks <gcocks(at)stoller(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL List - Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Newbie just starting on charting with PHP - and seeking advice on options/approaches
Date: 2008-01-25 22:07:36
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi Greg;

This is really a php/web thing and not a postgresql/db thing.

I recently started using Yahoo's Charts Control project for some web
data visualization.
http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/charts/index.html

It uses Flash which has it's upside (no image manipulation, PHP/GD
integration, simpler) and its downside (requires users to have Flash).

I haven't looked at Mike's suggestion, but considering that both Yahoo
and Google offer liberally sourced libraries for data visualization on
the web, is the for-pay product really superior?

Isaac Vetter