Re: PostgreSQL Europe statutes : recap

From: Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Koen Martens <gmc(at)sonologic(dot)nl>
Cc: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>, damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Europe statutes : recap
Date: 2008-01-23 15:19:31
Lists: pgeu-general
Ciao guys,
> This is normally tackled by having a 'quarantaine' for new members. Eg,
> voting only after first 3 months of membership. Of course, Evil Company
> could just wait three months and take over anyway, at least there is
> some time to investigate whether the sudden influx of new members is
> suspicious.
Let's not forget that, at the end of the day, this is all volunteering
activity. The more complex things get, the more hard are to manage and
maintain.

The feeling I have is that things are probably getting too complicated,
but that may be my (wrong) impression.

Ciao,
Gabriele

--
Gabriele Bartolini: Open source programmer and data architect
Current Location: Prato, Tuscany, Italy