Re: PostgreSQL Europe statutes : recap

From: Cédric Villemain <cedric(dot)villemain(at)dalibo(dot)com>
To: damien(at)dalibo(dot)info
Cc: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Europe statutes : recap
Date: 2008-01-22 17:19:52
Lists: pgeu-general
damien clochard a écrit :
> hello !
>
> As you have notice, messages about the statutes for the upcoming association
> have suddenly stopped a few days ago. My guess is that's not because of lack
> of interest. i feel that this whole thread was very difficult to follow, so i
> took the 60 e-mails and tried to write a sum-up.
>
> check-it out : http://wiki.postgresqlfr.org/doku.php/pgeu:statutes_discuss
>
> i tried to respect everyone's thoughts (using quotes as mush as possible) in
> order to give a proper view of the issues we have to solve. however i may
> have made mistakes or forgot some ideas. If you notice any of that the best
> thing to do is to directly edit the wiki page. If you can't, please send me
> your modifications in a private e-mail.
>
> i have identified 5 issues and several possible solutions for every issue :
>
> 1- Membership fee ?
>       a : Keep the statutes as they are
>       b : No membership fee for people
>       c : Optional membership fee for people

I vote 1-c

> 2- Membership ?
>      a : Keep the statutes as they are
>      b : Automatic membership for users of local groups
>      c : Optional membership for users of local groups

I vote 2-c

> 3- Quorum ?
>     a : Keep the statutes as they are
>     b : Lower the quorum
>     c : Drop the quorum

3-a
> 4- Takeover protection ?
>     a : Keep statutes as they are
>     b : Add more criterium for the member to satisfy

4-b

I've already sent something for that, I like the folowing option:
 to the susbcriber to be accepted, it need to be already member of a
local group (localgroup that need to be recognize by pg-eu, to have same
objectives), OR it need to be accepted by the board or a comitee of pg-eu.

In both case subscriber must be a real  human to be "active member".

It is only an idea, and it need to be rewrite...

> 5- Companies : sponsors or members ?
>     a : Keep the statutes as they are
>     b : Companies are sponsors

5-

Companies can not be member with the rights to vote and decide (so they
can not be 'active member' but 'benefactor members'). In that case I am
not aware if we can put the fee at a minimum, or if it is welcome ? (see
above)
> I'm not sure what is the best way to continue on these subjects. Maybe
> creating a separate thread for each issue, or proposing a poll, or some kind
> of wiki-based work.

It seems that we stick at outlook usage.

--
Cédric Villemain
Administrateur de Base de Données