Re: developer.com: PostgreSQL is the "Database of the year"

From: Brian Hurt <bhurt(at)janestcapital(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: developer.com: PostgreSQL is the "Database of the year"
Date: 2008-01-22 13:40:59
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
What I found interesting about this, looking at who/what won the other
awards, is that this website mainly attracts the Java/Enterprise sort of
developers.  I bet if we asked a bunch of Ruby on Rails developers we'd
have gotten a different answer.

But this, I think, is actually good news- if you think Postgres' real
competitors are Oracle, Sybase, and DB2, and not MySQL.  In other words,
you're targetting the Java/Enterprise people a heck of a lot more than
we're targetting the PHP people.  And you're *succeeding*.

Brian