Re: developer.com: PostgreSQL is the "Database of the year"

From: Shane Ambler <pgsql(at)Sheeky(dot)Biz>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: developer.com: PostgreSQL is the "Database of the year"
Date: 2008-01-19 07:38:27
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Robert Treat wrote:

> 4) Drop a note to our press-friendlies about the occurance,
> positioned something like "on the eve of releasing PostgreSQL 8.3,
> the database has nabbed yet another award" (this could be similar
> working to the mini-release for announce).

I liked the idea of having it in the press release but if not, getting
the press to mention it as the introduction to the release is a good idea.

Instead of the headline "PostgreSQL releases new version" it could be
"Database of the year releases new version" which I think could get more
readers.

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL (at) Sheeky (dot) Biz