Can SCALE 6x resurrect LAPUG

From: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Advocacy For PostgreSQL <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Can SCALE 6x resurrect LAPUG
Date: 2007-12-13 18:26:45
Lists: lapug pgsql-advocacy

At last year's SCALE Josh Berkus encouraged us attendees to restart the LA PostgreSQL users group. Some of us showed enthusiasm but after the convention, I didn't hear a "peep" about it.

Could an initiative to jump start the LAPUG be one of the goals set for this years SCALE?

I expect that there needs to be a "critical mass" of PostgreSQL zealots in the area in order to make a user group self-sufficient. If there are not enough enterest from local booth volunteers, would it be in bad taste to invite interested booth visitors to consider joining a PG user group?

Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.