Re: Please add "sumbit event" to /about/eventarchive

From: Chander Ganesan <chander(at)otg-nc(dot)com>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Subject: Re: Please add "sumbit event" to /about/eventarchive
Date: 2008-01-16 12:31:21
Lists: pgsql-www
Robert Treat wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 January 2008 19:05, Chander Ganesan wrote
>
> This seems to be along rather different lines to me... :-)

I apologize for the thread hijacking...I guess the "along the same
lines" part was to say that it might be good to indicate how long to
wait before events appear...but the vast majority of this was a whole
other issue.  Josh, remind me to buy you a beer in NYC  :-)
> If they have critical mass, why would the cancel? I guess if they can't find
> someone to teach then that would be a reason, though I'm not sure we should
> allow people to advertise courses who dont have instructors, or from
> companies with track records of canceling events.

Good question.  I agree.  However, the question here is really two-fold:

- These are unsubstantiated claims made by a competitor (me), so they
are somewhat tainted.
- I'm not 100% sure they will cancel, but given the fact that they
contacted one of my full time staff to see if he could teach for them
leads me to believe they are somewhat desperate.
- Earlier this year I hired (as full time) the only "free market"
PostgreSQL instructor that I am aware of (who also signed a long term
non-compete/non-solicit agreement.standard for our staff) .  I'm happy
to discuss why this is off-list..

I'm sure once people start complaining (which I am sure they will
eventually) then something will happen.  I've dropped the issue
otherwise, since it seems to be a lost cause (and I understand the
reasoning )...

--
Chander Ganesan
The Open Technology Group