Re: PostgreSQL documentation search engine for Firefox

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL documentation search engine for Firefox
Date: 2008-01-15 22:11:53
Lists: pgsql-www

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Stefan Kaltenbrunner escribió:
>> Alvaro Herrera wrote:

>>> Wow -- why is it recommended? pg_shadow stopped existing on 8.1, so
>>> it's almost three releases out of date. Is the search engine using the
>> no I don't think so iirc the "recommended" stuff is actually coming from
>> the docbot search database (ie the database of the irc bot). The websearch
>> should be fully up2date but I'm not sure when the docbot database was last
>> synced ...
>
> Hmm, so somebody manually inserted items from the doc index into
> docbot's database? Hmm. I do note that items are added as the
> development version of the docs is updated, for example my recent
> addition of "protocol" is already in.

not sure I understand - but the docbot database is totally seperated
from the documentation search. The docbot database is basically the
database the IRC bot uses and is maintained independently from the other
search indexes. The live on is getting a lot of updates(though thois
particular omission just got fixed) on a regular base but I'm not so
sure how current the database the website uses is.

Stefan