msaccess to postgre

From: Peter Jackson <tasmaniac(at)iprimus(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: msaccess to postgre
Date: 2008-01-15 13:12:40
Lists: pgsql-novice
OK I'm currently trying to get my head around postgre, sql in general
and php. So if this question seems easy dont mind me.

  What I wish to do is move several ms access dbases to postgre using
ODBC connection. I have managed to do this but where I have hit a
brickwall is trying to get it to add the tables to a different schema.

I have a database called general in that database there are 4 schemas.
  accounts, production,maintenance and public.
I have set the search path to production, accounts, maintenance, public.
But the ODBC connection still saves it to the public schema. (I want it
saved in this instance to production schema.) Yes the user I am
connecting as has create privileges in production.

  Anyone got any suggestions or easier (non-commercial) way of doing it?

Failing that is it possible to move/copy a table from one schema to another?

thanks in advance

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Obe, ReginaDate: 2008-01-15 13:54:47