Re: Patch for Statement.getGeneratedKeys()

From: Ken Johanson <pg-user(at)kensystem(dot)com>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch for Statement.getGeneratedKeys()
Date: 2008-01-15 07:08:59
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-jdbc

>> I don think my earlier question about getting the current/default
>> catalog name is relevant since the query can specify other ones. True?
>>

> Not really, you can only specify the current database. If you try it
> with something else you get:
>
> jurka=# select * from jurka.schema.tab;
> ERROR: schema "schema" does not exist
>
> jurka=# select * from otherdb.schema.tab;
> ERROR: cross-database references are not implemented: "otherdb.schema.tab"

Hmm. I do know that I can select the fully qualified name (select * from
postgres.public.test), so I presume your first example is the case where
"schema" does not exist.

For int executeUpdate(String sql, int columnIndexes[]) I'll still need
get the fully qual'd name to filter the information_schema (or pg_
tables). Since we can get the table name and catalog, that leaves
schema. Do you know how we can get the current schema name? I presumed
it might appear in SHOW ALL, but not so.

Ken