Re: Release Candidate of the PostgreSQL Europe association statutes

From: Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, damien(at)dalibo(dot)info, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Release Candidate of the PostgreSQL Europe association statutes
Date: 2008-01-13 22:14:30
Lists: pgeu-general

Ciao Dave,

Dave Page ha scritto:
> Yes!! That's almost exactly what I just wrote to Andreas :-)

;)
> If others are in agreement, can the rules be reworked to allow for this?

I don't know if it is worth writing it in the statute. I am asking the
French guys to confirm this. In Italy, you try and define the main goals
and the management issues in the statute. The more practical and
operative issues are left in an external document, which can be flexibly
(but democratically) changed.

This is because a change in the statute comes at a price: you need to
deposit again to the official authorities and pay taxes. Maybe if France
this is not the case, but I guess it is worth asking.

Ciao,
Gabriele

--
Gabriele Bartolini: Open source programmer and data architect
Current Location: Prato, Tuscany, Italy