Export to clipboard

From: Guy Rouillier <guyr-ml1(at)burntmail(dot)com>
To: PgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Export to clipboard
Date: 2008-01-11 04:41:15
Lists: pgadmin-support
I found "PgAdmin Wishlist: export to clipboard" from Harald Armin Massa
on 16 Jan 2007 in the archives.  I'd like exactly what he describes
also.  In a follow-up, Dave references an option dialog from 1.6.x that
doesn't appear to exist in 1.8.x.  In a different follow-up, Mathais
Durst talks about copying the contents of the output grid to the
clipboard.  But what I think the OP wanted (and certainly what I'd like)
is to be able to use something like Export, but have the result target
the clipboard instead of a file.  By using Export, I could ask for
column titles, and I could also specify which column separator to use.

I'm posting this now because I just used 1.8.1 to run a sample response
to a mailing list question.  Being able to copy formatted results with
column headings to the clipboard would have made that job much easier.

This idea comes from Toad.

--
Guy Rouillier

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: kristoffDate: 2008-01-11 17:23:15