Re: Patch for Statement.getGeneratedKeys()

From: Ken Johanson <pg-user(at)kensystem(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Patch for Statement.getGeneratedKeys()
Date: 2008-01-10 04:38:00
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-jdbc

Kris Jurka wrote:

> 9) Utils.getInsertIds
> the requirement that a query uses a completely qualified name
> database.schema.table is quite onerous.

What are your thoughts on this? Should it be possible/safe going forward
to not supply the fully qualified table in the case of:

Statement.executeUpdate(String sql, int columnIndexes[])

If you can recommend a simpler strategy I will try it. If we can avoid
the round trip also that would be great.

Ken