Open Technology Group, Inc. announces PostGIS & UMN MapServer Training

From: Chander Ganesan <chander(at)otg-nc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Open Technology Group, Inc. announces PostGIS & UMN MapServer Training
Date: 2008-01-09 03:54:47
Lists: pgsql-announce
MORRISVILLE, NC - January 8, 2008 - Open Technology Group, Inc.
announces PostGIS & UMN MapServer Training

The Open Technology Group (OTG), the leader in the development and
delivery of training solutions centered about Open Source technologies,
announced today the addition of its "Introduction to GIS with PostGIS &
MapServer" course to its wide range of PostgreSQL related course
offerings.  "Implementing GIS solutions can be a daunting task" said
Chander Ganesan, President "Our Introduction to GIS with PostGIS &
MapServer course covers the concepts, administration tools, and
techniques necessary to quickly and efficiently implement these
solutions using PostGIS, PostgreSQL, and UMN MapServer to visualize
results.  Furthermore, it allows our customers a wider range of
customization options for our on-site course offerings."

"OTG continues to deliver the most comprehensive set of
public-enrollment PostgreSQL courses in the world" said Ganesan, "and
our customers are able to mix and match components of our courses to
meet their specific goals for affordable on-site delivery to groups of 4
or more students."

The "Introduction to GIS with PostGIS & MapServer" course covers the
following topics:
- GIS Fundamentals/Concepts
- Installing PostGIS
- PostGIS Data Loads (Shape File Imports)
- PostGIS Features
- Creating PostGIS Tables & Loading Data
- Simple PostGIS Queries (Simple Features for SQL)
- Visualizing PostGIS Results
- Deploying UMN MapServer
- Implementing Interactive Maps

ABOUT OPEN TECHNOLOGY GROUP, INC.

Founded in 2004 and headquartered in Morrisville, NC,  the Open
Technology Group, Inc. (OTG) has established itself as the leading
provider of training solutions centered about Open Source software and
solutions.  With its comprehensive library of in-house developed
intellectual property, OTG is able to deliver comprehensive, customized,
and structured training covering a wide range of software solutions.
The Open Technology Group offers affordable customized on-site
technology training throughout the world, as well as public-enrollment
courses at its headquarters in Morrisville, NC as well as at a wide
range of partner locations worldwide.  For more information, a schedule
of upcoming courses, and a complete course catalog, visit us online at
at 877-258-8987 .

pgsql-announce by date

Next:From: Daniel SloshbergDate: 2008-01-09 16:03:13