Re: Data from

From: Naz Gassiep <naz(at)mira(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Data from
Date: 2008-01-08 09:02:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Sorry to reply, but there should also be a field in the system view
"is_alias" so that devs are able to tell which zone names are in the file and which are not. That way a perfect 1:1 mapping between and app can be made. If this were done then it'd make things
like using CLDR data and other standardized data sources easier, as you
could be confident that all timezone names matched the data in the CLDR.

I think what I'm trying to say is that using and applying standards is a
good thing.

- Naz.