same query in high number of times

From: Peter Alban <peter(dot)alban2(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: same query in high number of times
Date: 2009-06-21 10:54:40
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hey folks !

Still kind of analyzing the situation , I realized that I do have a
reasonably high shared_memory and effective_cache_size , though if the same
query is being run in a number of times ~100-200 concurrent connection it is
not being cached .

Should PG realize that if the table data is same should the query result set
also be the same ? Instead each query takes up to 1-2 seconds .

Where do I see what the PG does ? I can see now the query's that take long
time ,but do not have information about what the optimizer does neither when
the DB decides about to table scan or cache ?

cheers,
Peter