Re: EXPLAIN ANALYZE printing logical and hardware I/O per-node

From: Robert Lor <Robert(dot)Lor(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Decibel! <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>, Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers list <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: EXPLAIN ANALYZE printing logical and hardware I/O per-node
Date: 2008-01-03 16:08:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Gregory Stark wrote:
> I don't think DTrace is overkill either. The programmatic interface is
> undocumented (but I've gotten Sun people to admit it exists -- I just have to
> reverse engineer it from the existing code samples) but should be more or less
> exactly what we need.
You  probably know this already. There are existing commands that use
the programmatic interface and would provide a good starting point. Here
are a couple:

One of my colleagues is in the process of putting a tutorial together
for how to do this, so if you decided to pursue this approach and need
assistance, please let me know.