Re: What happened with the help file

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: rod(at)iol(dot)ie
Cc: Michael Shapiro <mshapiro51(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pgadmin-Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: What happened with the help file
Date: 2008-01-02 16:03:48
Lists: pgadmin-support

Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
> On 02/01/2008 15:08, Michael Shapiro wrote:
>> Thanks. It looks as if, while the options point to the web, PgAdmin
>> does have the help file with it -- it is in the installation folder
>> --- C:\Program Files\pgAdmin III\1.8\Docs\en_US.
>
> Yes, but that's the PgAdmin help file only. The help that came with
> earlier versions of PgAdmin used to include all the documentation for
> PostgreSQl and Slony-I too.
>
> I have a local web server running on my laptop for development work, so
> I downloaded the PG docs into a directory on that, and pointed "PG help
> path" at it (http://localhost/pgdocs) - works a treat! :-)

You can also point it to a local directory, a zip archive of the help
files (which should contain the htmlhelp project files - try 'make
htmlhelp' in the PostgreSQL doc source tree), or a compiled htmlhelp
file on Windows.

The other bonus is that you can of course use whatever version of the
documentation you like this way. The same applies to the Slony and
EnterpriseDB documentation.

http://www.pgadmin.org/docs/1.8/options-tab1.html

/D