Re: Schema and tablespace

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Schema and tablespace
Date: 2007-12-30 20:57:35
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page wrote:
> Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>>>[...]
>> That was one of the issue I had : refresh is a bit of a nightmare. I
>> think I'll try the listview in a new tab. But first, I'll get a look at
>> the dependents tab but I'm not sure I will find a size column in there.
>>

> I'm not entirely sure we're on the same page. All we need to do it see
> what's in a tablespace right?

Not really. As Magnus said, we need to see what's in the tablespace and
the size of each object.

> We should see that already because the
> Dependents tab will list all object that are dependent upon the
> tablespace in some way. We get the size and other details from the node
> in the treeview for each object - that's all data that I don't want to
> duplicate.

I'm not interested in "the other details" but I think a list of objects
with their size is important. Usually, one use a tablespace when one
needs more disk space. With this, you can see quickly the disk space
used in the tablespace.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org