Apache Logging to PostgreSQL

From: "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Apache Logging to PostgreSQL
Date: 2007-12-29 22:53:55
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello, I've been looking into having apache log to postgresql, and it
isn't clear to me what the best way to set this up is. The options that
I see so far are:

1) Apache Pipe Logging: This seems simple enough, but I'm not sure what
tool I would as the logging process?

2) pgLOGd: This isn't actively maintained anymore and apparently doesn't
work with PG8.x

3) pglogger: Hasn't been updated since 2004, don't know if it's
production quality or not.

4) pglogger Apache Module: Also hasn't been updated since 04.

Doesn't anyone have any experience / advice for me?

Thanks,

Matt