Re: Missing fields in getColumns() result

From: Christian Schröder <cs(at)deriva(dot)de>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Missing fields in getColumns() result
Date: 2007-12-23 23:15:44
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hi list,
by now I have found two threads in the archive about this issue:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2006-06/msg00038.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2004-12/msg00008.php

I have also seen the following entry in the "Todo" section on the driver
homepage: "[JDBC3] The JDBC 3 DatabaseMetaData methods sometimes return
additional information. Currently we only return JDBC 2 data for these
methods."

So the problem doesn't seem to be solved yet. I have implemented a patch
that specifically adds the "SOURCE_DATA_TYPE" field to the result of
"getColumns()". The other missing fields are added, but always have a
"null" value. I had to do changes to both the
AbstractJdbc2DatabaseMetaData and the AbstractJdbc3DatabaseMetaData
class, but I hope that I didn't break the JDBC 2 code. The test cases
completed without errors.

It would be great if you could have a look at my proposed patch and
decide if you will include it into the CVS repository.

Regards,
    Christian

--
Deriva GmbH                         Tel.: +49 551 489500-42
Financial IT and Consulting         Fax:  +49 551 489500-91

Deriva CA Certificate: http://www.deriva.de/deriva-ca.cer