How to uses self query plan

From: "olivier(dot)boissard(at)cerene(dot)fr" <olivier(dot)boissard(at)cerene(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to uses self query plan
Date: 2007-12-18 22:21:15
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hello,

My purpose is to uses different query plan depending on queries
I got the following problem : some queries are taking too much time and
postgresql does not take the most relevant index in account.
I search on internet and found that no HINT function was available in
postgresl.
I tried to change indexes parameters in postgresql.conf but eache time I
set a param to OFF (example nested_loop ,seqscan, ...) , some queries
freeze database .

How can we force postgresql to use a plan ?

olivier

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: DeronDate: 2007-12-18 22:40:43