Re: Schema and tablespace

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Schema and tablespace
Date: 2007-12-17 22:23:50
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> [...]
>> Another feature I want deals with tablespace. When I select a
>> tablespace, I would like to see all objects that belong to this
>> tablespace. The way to handle this would be to add children to the
>> tablespace nodes in the treeview. The problem I see is that every new
>> object will need at least two nodes on the treeview (one in the schema
>> part and one in the tablespace part). Do you see other problems with this ?
>
> It would be neat to have. But maybe that's one step unnecessary - it
> might be enough to just have a listview that has a column saying what
> type it is, and another one saying the name? And the size probably,
> since that's most likely why you're looking there?

I've thought about this too but I didn't find a place where I can put
this new listview : another tab near the properties one ? this does not
feel consistent to me. That's why I still prefer to continue the
treeview... but if you have a better idea, I'm eager to know it :)

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org