Schema and tablespace

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Schema and tablespace
Date: 2007-12-17 16:16:12
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

One feature I want to add to next pgAdmin release is the change of
schema for any objects (just as we can change the tablespace or owner of
an object). I have some ideas on how to do this but I'm wondering if
there was something that make this impossible to do. (Well, I know,
strange question, but I don't why we can change tablespace but not
schema... apart from the treeview changes it applies).

Another feature I want deals with tablespace. When I select a
tablespace, I would like to see all objects that belong to this
tablespace. The way to handle this would be to add children to the
tablespace nodes in the treeview. The problem I see is that every new
object will need at least two nodes on the treeview (one in the schema
part and one in the tablespace part). Do you see other problems with this ?

Thanks.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org